Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Derm E Refining Vitamin A and Glycolic Cleanser

Hi everyone! Since this is my first review, I wanted to start off with something positive by sharing to you a product that I mostly have good things to say about.

I bought the Derm E Refining Vitamin A and Glycolic Cleanser (phewf what a moutful) because I was interested in the glycolic acid content and I was looking for something that'll make me less dull-looking, one that could give me daily exfoliation. I don't want people to start worrying that I'm on drugs since I look like I'm on it. I thought it was my slur but no, it's my skin. Preferably, I was looking for one that could also help in removing makeup. This product had great reviews online so as soon as I got to pass by a Healthy Options store (I picked mine up at the MOA branch), I didn't hesitate to buy one despite the steep price, which was around 660php.



I like that the packaging has a pump on it. Totally into those. However, it's not ideal for traveling. If I'm not mistaken, I think the same product also comes in a big tube squeezey type. I don't mind that this isn't travel friendly though since it gives me an excuse to buy a cute little packaging that I can pour some of this product to.



It says that you have to place a small amount but I find that you have to make a full pump in order to get a decent lather. Them Japanese face cleansers totally messed up my mind and bumped my standards when it comes to lather and foam.

For the product itself, I would say that this really does a great job in removing foundation, eyeshadow and liquid liner. In particular, the products I had on my face were the Etude House BB Cream, K-palette liquid liner and a Sephora eyeshadow palette. I'm impressed at how the cleanser were able to wash away all these. However, it doesn't remove my mascara that much and it leaves me raccoon eyed. Even after I used my eye makeup remover on my mascara, the residue won't budge and I am still left with slightly raccoon eyes. Ok ok I get it cleanser, I was a raccoon in my past life. But I find it so strange that it can remove everything else yet does not do much on mascara.

After washing, I found that it didn't leave a film, nor does it dry out my skin which is a huge plus on my book since glycolic acid or chemical exfoliants are usually drying. I didn't get that tight feeling but my face felt thoroughly cleansed. It also didn't aggravate my oiliness but it didn't control it either. What I really didn't like though is the fragrance, ekkk! I don't know how to describe it exactly, but it somewhat reminds of me of pencil shaving. EWW! Maybe other people won't mind the scent, it isn't as bad as I say it is, but I'm just not into this woody floral scent. Good thing the scent disappears after a while.

I have been using this for about 3 months now and I'm not sure if it's because of this wash only, but I noticed that my skin's texture does look finer and smoother.

Pros:
-removes makeup
-cleanses oily skin
-does not aggravate oily skin
-does not dry out skin
-skin looks a bit smoother, texture is more refined

Cons:
-doesn't remove mascara that well (I'm always left with raccoon eyes)
-has fragrance, period. Even though you're into fragrance, I find the scent off-putting.
-a whole pump is needed to make a decent lather.
-price
-packaging is not travel friendly

Would I buy this again? Yes.

Who would I recommend this to? Those that are looking for a cleanser that does a decent job in removing oil and makeup without drying out skin. I recommend though that you use a makeup remover first because this cleanser works best in removing residual makeup. Also, this cleanser may refine your skin-- it lessens the dullness a bit and makes it look smoother.

Alright that's it for now. Hope you find my very first review informative. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you!
Thank you for your comment! I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

Also, please let me know if you followed me so that I can find your blog easier and follow you back. Thank you! :)